BAD VIBRATION

Ford Mustang

rruble

October, 7, 2007 AT 8:19 PM

1995 Mustang GT, Automatic, 120K miles
Started car Sunday morning. Started right up, but whole car vibrated horribly at idle. Dampened out when I put in drive. Engine seemed to rev fine. Didn't seem to be misfiring or anything. Let it role out of garage and put it back in park. Bad Vibration again. Shut it down. Nosed around, and decided to move back to garage. Cranked right up, still vibrating, but now with a noise kind of metal on metal sound of metal spinning/rotating inside a drum. Backed into garage. Found a curved piece of rubber/elostomer on groung under where the engine would have been. About 1/8 in thick, 1 1/2 inch thick, about 5 inches long. Looks cut at one end, torn at the other. Friday night had driven the car and ran fine when I was parking it in garage. Any ideas where to start?

fairracing31

October, 7, 2007 AT 8:32 PM

From what you have said I think you might have lost your vibration dampner. It's the big pulley on your crank shaft in front of the motor.

rruble

October, 7, 2007 AT 9:15 PM

Checked it out. Your right. Look's like the dampener. Thanks.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche