Backup lights not working

DMESIANO
  • FORD MUSTANG
.2001 ford mustang GT 50,000 miles, manual trans, v8 4.6

I had my transmission replaced by a very reputable repair shop. After the repair they can not get the reverse lights to work. They used the original switch and the trans was from the same model car? I have traced the wires and been under the car myself but I cannot find anything conclusive. One question I have is is there a relay along with the switch or is it just the switch? Does anyone have any idea what to chheck?
Saturday, October 27th, 2007 AT 3:08 PM

Check the engine control sensor located on the right side of dash and also refer to the EWD below

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_mustang_reverse_light_circuit_1.jpg

Saturday, October 27th, 2007 AT 3:36 PM
DMESIANO
Thanks for the reply. I can hardly read the diagram. Do you have a clearer picture you can e-mail me?
Saturday, October 27th, 2007 AT 7:10 PM
DMESIANO
I think I figured out the EWD, thanks. What does the engin control sensor do? If it was failing would anything else not work? Because as far as I can tell EVERYTHING else its working. Also what does the engin control sensor look like or hoew do I find it. And the big question. What do I check for?
Sunday, October 28th, 2007 AT 7:09 PM

Sponsored links