2007 Ford Mustang Engine tapping sound on start up in idle

PAV80
  • 2007 FORD MUSTANG
I recently had my 1st oil change since my warranty expired and I had Mobile1 synthetic 5W20 put in. Shortly after I noticed when I start my car up in the morning that there is minor engine tapping noise when the RPM's lower to about 900-800 and stay there. The sound goes away aftger I start driving and when I start my car up again later on that day I don't hear it at all u ntill the next morning. Can it be something serious? I've taken really good care of my car and hardly ever red lined it.
Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 AT 8:43 AM

Sir-You have a valve lifter/s leakdown problem-every morning you'll hear that ticking/tapping sound till the engine warms up this is the symptom-BTDT.
Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 AT 8:59 AM
PAV80
RE: Sir-You have a valve lifter/s leakdown problem-every morning you'll hear that ticking/tapping sound till the engine warms up this is the symptom-BTDT.

What is BTDT and is it bad for the engine? How can it be fixed?
Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 AT 9:21 AM