1. Disconnect the battery. For additional information, refer to Battery.
2. Relieve the accessory drive belt tension and remove the belt from the generator pulley. Leave the belt in place for reinstallation. For additional information, refer to Drive Belts, Mounts, Brackets and Accessories.
3. Disconnect the generator.
1. Disconnect the generator electrical connectors.
2. Remove the battery positive cable nut.
4. Remove the generator.
o Remove the upper and lower generator bolts.
NOTE: When the battery is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 miles) or more to relearn the strategy.
1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Rotate the drive belt tensioner counterclockwise and remove the drive belt.
There you go.
Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 9:57 PM