The A/C shop just called and said they removed the freon and re-charged the system (2 lbs Freon) and never got the compressor to engage during the recharge. The shop does not get the same pressures as the mechanic I hired last night that hooked up AC gauges (low pressure reading 390psi).
Last night, the mechanic wired the compressor to the battery for only 5-10 seconds and was able to engage the compressor/clutch and cold air started blowing.
1) The compressor and clutch work when hooked to the battery but will not engage when connected through the wiring harness/system (no power in the wire hooked to the compressor).
2) Both mechanics do not get the same pressure readings.
3) Jumpered the pressure switch on the accum/drier and can not get compressor/clutch to engage
4) Used a test light on the pressure switch harness and have good voltage
5) Both A/C fuses under the hood and under the dash are good.
6) I have replaced the air compressor/clutch, accum/drier and lower liquid A/C line. No leaks.
At this point in time, I am thinking the CCRM is the problem. Everyone tells me that the CCRM is the last component to fail and is not always the problem. Very frustrated!
Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 AT 1:04 PM