99 OVER HEATING

1999 Ford Mustang

jcavanzo1

September, 12, 2008 AT 8:40 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Ford Mustang 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

my mustang begain over heating and I noticed the radiator was leaking so I replaced it drove about 6 miles and there was a loud clicking noise then it began to overheat again and died. Radiator is no longer the problem. When I took the oil cap off smoke came out of there? Help!

September, 13, 2008 AT 6:47 AM

Check the thermostat could be stuck closed if not it, do below

Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: , Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, air lock in the cooling system, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump.

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500