REAR DRIVER'S SIDE LIGHT WON'T WORK CORR

2005 Ford Freestar

honaise

March, 10, 2010 AT 11:14 AM

2005 Ford Freestar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

The driver's side rear taillight will not function properly. It does come on with the running lights, but not with the brakes, turn signal, or hazards. New bulb, works fine in passenger socket. I couldn't find any blown fuses. A fuse would go to more than just that circuit anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

Panel Lights Dont Work

Glowing Lights

Jack42

March, 11, 2010 AT 7:45 AM

Use a test light to probe the wires before the socket to see if they are working, but there is an issue with the socket That vehicle has a " smart junction box" behind the dash on the left side. If you arent getting any power to the rear light for the brakes/turn the SJB could be bad not giving the signal out to that light.I hate to ask, but you do have a dual element bulb in the socket?

honaise

March, 11, 2010 AT 10:33 AM

Yes the bulb has two elements, and is the correct bulb for the application. I'll check the voltage on the socket tonight. I was also thinking that it may be the socket/pigtail assembly, but it ships from the manufacturer and takes a few weeks to get here. I didn't want to spend the money on something unless I was sure it was what I needed. Thanks for the quick reply.

Jack42

March, 11, 2010 AT 4:24 PM

Didnt mean to offend you. Definitly better to find the problem before ordering parts

Dynamat Door Installation
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911