2005 FORD FREESTAR REAR DRIVER'S SIDE LIGHT WON'T WORK CORR

• honaise
  • 2005 Ford Freestar

2005 Ford Freestar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

The driver's side rear taillight will not function properly. It does come on with the running lights, but not with the brakes, turn signal, or hazards. New bulb, works fine in passenger socket. I couldn't find any blown fuses. A fuse would go to more than just that circuit anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 AT 11:14 AM

• Jack42

Use a test light to probe the wires before the socket to see if they are working, but there is an issue with the socket That vehicle has a " smart junction box" behind the dash on the left side. If you arent getting any power to the rear light for the brakes/turn the SJB could be bad not giving the signal out to that light.I hate to ask, but you do have a dual element bulb in the socket?

Thursday, March 11th, 2010 AT 7:45 AM
  • honaise

Yes the bulb has two elements, and is the correct bulb for the application. I'll check the voltage on the socket tonight. I was also thinking that it may be the socket/pigtail assembly, but it ships from the manufacturer and takes a few weeks to get here. I didn't want to spend the money on something unless I was sure it was what I needed. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thursday, March 11th, 2010 AT 10:33 AM
  • Jack42

Didnt mean to offend you. Definitly better to find the problem before ordering parts

Thursday, March 11th, 2010 AT 4:24 PM