2007 Ford Focus Dashboard Rattle!

CAUDILLOD
  • 2007 FORD FOCUS

Other Category problem
2007 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 7000 miles

Ok so I have an annoying rattle that I can hear the majority of the time I am driving. It has been there since I bought the car and has gotten slightly worse. I do not believe it can be heard from the outside. The sound comes from the passenger side of the dashboard (area). It isn't constant though. I mostly hear it when I am accelerating, at any speed, but it tends to get louder the faster I am going. It isn't TOO loud, most people wont notice it unless the radio is off. I also sometimes hear it when I first start the car when it is cold. The sound sounds kind of like wind noise but it isn't, it's a rattle. This is the best description that I can give of it. Please someone help! It is a 2007 ford focus auto. If it helps any, it doesn't make a difference if I have the air on or not.

Friday, December 7th, 2007 AT 1:24 PM

BOSEPHUS

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM THE GARAGE ARE NOT FINDING WHERE ITS COMING FROM, HAVE YOU SOLVED IT YET?

Sunday, February 10th, 2008 AT 2:33 PM
CAUDILLOD

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM THE GARAGE ARE NOT FINDING WHERE ITS COMING FROM, HAVE YOU SOLVED IT YET?[/Quote:cd82e86b7e]

-No I never found out what it was, one of the reasons that I traded in the hunk about a month ago! Good thing I did too because the dealership I went to was about 3 hours away and on my way there the rattle got even worse going up a huge grade! I would recomend to you to try to get a second opinion from a good garage and if still not found, well I guess you have to live with it unless you want to trade it in like I did! I got a Pontiac G6 and lovin' it!

Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 9:26 AM
EHLIN

To the front on the passenger side you will see what appears to be a little cover over an emergency button of sorts. Just take the little plastic cover off and you won't have that noise. I had the same issue with my 2003 focus. I think it is a gas kill in the event of an accident or something.

Tuesday, July 1st, 2008 AT 8:01 PM