2005 Ford Focus L4-2.0L VIN N
Vehicle Level Starting and Charging Charging System Alternator Service and Repair
Removal And Installation
1. Disconnect the battery.
2. Remove the engine heat shield.
o Remove the engine heat shield attaching bolts.
2.0L and 2.3L
3. Remove the upper generator nut.
4. Remove the generator heat shield top nut.
5. Raise and support the vehicle.
6. Remove the screws and the accessory drive splash shield.
7. Release the accessory drive belt tension and remove the belt from the generator pulley.
8. Remove the generator heat shield lower nut and the heat shield.
9. Release the two air intake tube retainers and remove the air intake tube assembly.
o The B+ protective cover has been removed for illustrative purposes.
o 2.0L PZEV shown, 2.0L and 2.3L similar.
o The generator B+ cable nut must be replaced whenever it has been removed from the generator.
Remove and discard the generator B+ cable nut and disconnect the B+ cable.
11. NOTE: 2.0L PZEV shown, 2.0L and 2.3L similar.
Remove the two generator nuts and bolt.
12. Lower the vehicle.
13. Disconnect the generator electrical connector.
14. Remove the upper generator nut.
15. Raise and support the vehicle.
16. Remove the engine roll restrictor mount bolt.
17. NOTE: This step will require an assistant.
Position the engine forward and remove the generator.
o Non-PZEV generator shown; PZEV generator similar.
o When installing the PZEV generator duct, tighten the nuts to 4 Nm (35 lb-in) .
Remove the lower air duct.
* Remove the nuts (PZEV).
* Remove the bolt (non-PZEV).
19. Remove the radial adapter (B+ connection extension).
o Remove the cap from the rear of the radial adapter.
o Remove the radial adapter nut.
20. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
There you go.
Friday, September 10th, 2010 AT 11:52 AM