FRONT END NOISE

2003 Ford Focus

bugs1480

March, 14, 2009 AT 11:36 PM

Noises problem
2003 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 73000 miles

My ford focus has been in the shop several times for a noise in the front end. The mechanic finally said it was some type of stabilizer bar and didn't really mean anything it would just make the small noise it was making. Today it started popping really loud when I turn the wheel and also when I go over any kind of hill or bump. It is a much louder noise then what it was and wasnt' making it when I turn the wheel but it is now. Could you please help?

Zackman

March, 16, 2009 AT 12:49 AM

Go to another shop that can perform a better diagnostic. Ask them to look at your sway bar links and engine mounts, along with your noise problem.

bugs1480

March, 16, 2009 AT 7:15 AM

Thank you all for your answers to what might be wrong. I took it to my brother yesterdy morning and come to find out the strut assembely on the front passenger side had gone bad. He replaced that and while working on that one of the stablilzer bars right behind the brakes broke. So good thing that he looked at it. He does minor car repairs for us. He changed that whole thing spring, strut etc. And the noise totally stopped. Guess maybe it had been going bad for a while and just didn't know what it was. Thank you all for your answers.

Zackman

March, 16, 2009 AT 9:30 PM

You are welcome. I am just glad everything was fixed.

Replace Tie Rod End
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda