: ROARING NOISE WHEN DRIVING

2002 Ford Focus

sinatraangell

March, 3, 2007 AT 10:44 AM

Just purchased a pre-owned 2002 Ford Focus LX sedan: 78,000 miles. Car seems to run brand new other than a roaring noise coming from the front while traveling down the road. The noise is not there when the car is stopped/idle/parked. It seems to get louder as I slow down and turn the wheels. Also there is an occasional squeak coming from the brakes when I come to a stop. Dealership seems to think it is the rotors or brake pads. But I've had others tell me I am possibly looking at a bad bearing. What do you think? Thanks.

CHEVYII

March, 3, 2007 AT 12:56 PM

Hi
the squeak may be coming from the front hub assemly (bearing) and the noise you described sound like a hub assembly, if you have someone do it the wheel has to come off anyway and the brakes can be checked then

thanks
if you are happy with the info please leave feedback we all here do this for free feedback is a way of saying thank you for the help