BLOWER MOTOR WILL NOT WORK ON SETTING 4

2000 Ford Focus

gchild73

October, 28, 2008 AT 1:33 PM

Heater problem
2000 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

The heater/ventilation system seems to work on settings 1, 2, & 3, but when I switch it to setting 4, it does nothing. Also when I switch to setting 4, the overhead dome light seems to flicker. This car has no A/C. I have replaced the blower motor resistor, as it would have been a cheap easy fix. If anyone has a good idea to start with, I would be very appreciative.

Rear Blower Not Working

dlobi

October, 28, 2008 AT 1:42 PM

The blower motor resistor may have still been good. A lot of them default to the highest setting if they go bad. It may be that the switch itself is bad and not making a contact anymore at the #4 setting. Sounds like you are handy, I'd pull the center of the lower dash apart where the heater/blower speed switch is and swap that out for a known good one.

November, 21, 2010 AT 9:59 PM

Voltage to the blower motor is hot all the time, key on. On and off, different speeds are controled on the ground circuit. Your speed control switch is part of ground circuit.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Replace Heater Core