OIL SUMP

2003 Ford Falcon

vizart

July, 17, 2009 AT 1:26 AM

2003 Ford Falcon 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 133000 miles

Hi Guys,

My car is blowing a little oil out of the sump through the top of the dip stick shaft. This seems to indicate that pressure & or air is getting into the sump. What do you think it is & what should I do?

Thanks for this site!

James

mhpautos

July, 17, 2009 AT 1:57 AM

Hi there,

this is blow by in the crankcase being to high, first thing to do is check the P.C.V is ok.

mhpautos

July, 17, 2009 AT 5:34 AM

Hi there,

The PCV is the positive crankcase ventilation valve, this relief's the natural crank case pressure, it should be on the rocker cover its a small round valve with a hose attached, I would also make sure that the engine oil is not over full, Now one question, is this an Australian Ford we are talking about?

vizart

July, 19, 2009 AT 11:02 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that info! The car is an ozzie ford! It's a 2003 dedicated LPG BA XL Ute. What would I be looking for regarding the PCV?

Thanks, James

mhpautos

July, 20, 2009 AT 12:40 AM

Hi there,

Pull it out of the rocker cover, it will come out easily. Give it a shake, it should rattle a bit, with it plugged into the black hose still, start the engine and put your finger over the end it should suck vacuum, try this. Did you check for over full oil as well?

vizart

July, 20, 2009 AT 1:10 AM

Hi Mark,

I did check if the oil was over fllled & it wasn't. I'll follow your instructions & see how it goes.

Thanks,

James

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata