FORD F350 FRONT END PROBLEMS

• morethanluckfarm
  • 1935 Ford F-350

I have a 2000 Ford F350 4x4 Dually 7.3 diesel with 90000 miles. It would shake violently when hitting a bump make horrible clanging clattering noises and you could feel it rubbing thru the floorboard. It started out small but escalated on a 500 mile trip home. We have replaced the ball joints, stabalizer bar, 1 wheel berring, tires, had it balanced and aligned. When the lock out was locked, it made a horribly loud grinding noise that sounded like it was going to lock up the entire wheel. We took out the lockout (the same wheel that we put a new wheel berring on) and tried using the other wheels lock out, thinking it was a bad lock out. No luck! I have had this truck to 3 mechanics and I am only sinking more money into it without resolution. What do I do next? Is there any place online to get a picture diagram of the assembly of the front axel and the parts associated with our problem. Also a u shaped piece on the pass side moves freely when the lock out is not in & the driver side doesn't move. We were told that was normal while the lockout were not in. Is that correct?

Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 AT 6:07 PM

• Ashley Williams

I'm having the same trouble on a 2000 f350. So if you figure it out please let me know and I will do the same.

Monday, January 17th, 2011 AT 2:30 PM
  • wyobullrider

Hi I was wondering if anyone found a answer to the problem with the 2000 ford f-350 4x4 dually 7.3 front end I just yesterday started the same problem with mine.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 5:15 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Have you checked tie rods and the pitman arm?

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 AT 2:39 AM