2003 FORD F350 BLOWING FUSES

• pownal55
  • 2003 Ford F-350

2003 Ford F350 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

my truck blew a 10 amp blade fuse which caused all my gauges to go to zero ( like when the engine is shut off ). The overdrive button on the end of the shift lever is the only other thing that stops working when it blows. A new fuse lasts two or three days, and it blows again. Thanks, help is appreciated.

Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 7:53 PM

• Service Writer

What fuse number?

The wire at the end of the shift lever going to the o/d cancel switch may be chafing. Try this: install a new fuse then move the shifter while moving the steering wheel tilt up and down and see if the fuse re-blows. If you find the chafe, it's you may need to replace the shifter lever, repairing it is possible but not always cost effective.

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 6:00 AM
  • pownal55

The fuse number is 45 ignition switch run/start feed

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 6:01 PM
  • Service Writer

Okay, then try what I said. That would be that same circuit.

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 6:46 PM
  • pownal55

I tried your test twice, both times the fuse blew. Do you suggest I get a new shift lever?

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 7:44 PM
  • Service Writer

I suggest that you go into the harness and decide if you can repair the wiring. I would do it on a day that you can go get the shift lever should you not want to repair it. Depends on what you have to work with when you get it opened up. Call the dealer and make sure they have one there. And get one more fuse ; -)

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 7:48 PM
  • pownal55

Thanks for the help, i'm sure you saved me money. With five cars in the family you will be hearing from me again.

Tuesday, October 27th, 2009 AT 4:27 AM