F350 INSTRUMENT PANEL / O.D. OFF / 4WD SWITCH NOT

2001 Ford F-350

DDAAPP

June, 1, 2010 AT 11:54 AM

2001 Ford F350 V12 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

The instrument panel / O.D. Button / 4W.D. Switch stopped working during some off road work. Driving thru some tall grass on a farm all the gauges, ect. Stopped working. The odometer also does not work.
I crawled under the truck to look for obvious damage and found none. The battery and seat belt symbols still work on the display panel when starting the engine.

merlin2021

June, 4, 2010 AT 7:06 PM

If it all worked before the four wheel drive thru tall grass, check the ground wire behind the left front fender. Does the truck run? And is it a 6.8 or a diesel?

DDAAPP

June, 11, 2010 AT 4:08 PM

Everything worked before going thru the tall grass. I tried to use the 4 wheel drive by locking in at the hubs but this didn't work either. I checked the ground wire loosened retighten with no change. This is a 6.8L engine and yes the truck runs. I've been driving it around. Also the cruise control works but the indicator on the instrument panel does not light up.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda