F250 DIESEL FUEL ODOR

2002 Ford F-250

bigred2002

December, 22, 2008 AT 8:56 PM

Smells problem
2002 Ford F250 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 11900. Miles

Checked for leaks and found one just under or around the fuel filter on top of the engine. Doesn't seem to be the O-Ring seal for the filter itself but there is two what seems plastic assemblies attached to the fuel filter housing where it seems to be coming from. Can you help me solve my problem?

Thankyou!

Dave H

December, 22, 2008 AT 9:47 PM

I think you mean the fuel lines ? check they are fully clipped into place ??

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_fuel_7.jpg

bigred2002

December, 22, 2008 AT 9:55 PM

Already cheched fuel lines and the leak doesn't appear to be coming from there.

Dave H

Could you supply a more detailed description of where the leak seems to be coming from. Is it coming from the drain plug?

Fuel Filter
Fuel filter uses a replaceable element design. Filter is located in fuel filter/water separator housing on top of engine.
Fuel/Filter Water Separator
Fuel/filter water separator is located on top of engine. Water should be drained from separator whenever WATER IN FUEL indicator light is illuminated or every 5000 miles. WATER IN FUEL indicator light will illuminate when about one quart of water has accumulated.

bigred2002

There seems to be 4 screws securing the drain plug your talking about and the leak seems to be coming from there.

Thankyou!

Dave H

This diagram is of the drain ... check the lever is closed correctly ? is this where the leak is from ??

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_drain_2.jpg

FUEL FILTER WATER DRAINING
Release fuel system pressure. See FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE RELEASE . Allow to drain for approximately 25 seconds or until clean fuel is observed. Close drain valve by resetting handle to its original position. Close hood and remove container from under vehicle. Dispose of waste fuel properly.

bigred2002

Iv'e explained in my previous messages where the leak is coming from and from where its not and you keep responding with parts or suggestions ive already said its not coming from.
(David)

Dave H

I'm just a mechanic giving my time, trying to help you out? If you already know exactly where the leak is from what exactly do you want to know? Help me out here?

bigred2002

I would like the help and not things I already know as you can tell from all my previous requests. I explained where the leaks are not coming from and yet the suggestions I have received are exactly where I mentioned it is not coming from! So where exactly it is coming from is what I need help in! I understand your giving your time but is it quality or quantity?

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox