F250 WON'T START IN PARK

1996 Ford F-250

bmesman

February, 19, 2010 AT 12:15 PM

1996 Ford F250 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 177000 miles

Truck won't shift out of park when started. Will start in neutral and can then shift into reverse or drive, but has no brake lights, turn signals or hazard lights. ABS light blicks 15 times in a row.

February, 19, 2010 AT 12:35 PM

Hi bmesman, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

You need to have the shift interlock control system checked out-and also fix the brake light they tied in together-the brake switch powers the shiftlock control solenoid

February, 19, 2010 AT 1:56 PM

Truck won't shift out of park when started. The brake light circuit has something to do with the shift interlock control system to include the cruise control system. BTW I wasn't aware what you knew, What I gave you is something for me to work with to get to the source of the problem.

bmesman

February, 19, 2010 AT 2:42 PM

Ok. You immediately presumed that I didn't have a clue where to begin. A more appropriate response I think would have been "I'm sure you've already checked.", Not telling me to have it "checked out and fix.".
I would certainly like a refund of my donation. After I receive my refund, I will then post a positive feedback. Thanks.

February, 19, 2010 AT 3:13 PM

Maybe if we check and test the transmission range switch and figure out why it starts in neutral instead of park position

2CarPros Mike

February, 23, 2010 AT 12:14 PM

We have refunded your donation and are sorry we could not help you this time.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right