1996 FORD F250 WON'T START IN PARK

• bmesman
  • 1996 Ford F-250

1996 Ford F250 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 177000 miles

Truck won't shift out of park when started. Will start in neutral and can then shift into reverse or drive, but has no brake lights, turn signals or hazard lights. ABS light blicks 15 times in a row.

Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 12:15 PM

• rasmataz

Hi bmesman, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

You need to have the shift interlock control system checked out-and also fix the brake light they tied in together-the brake switch powers the shiftlock control solenoid

Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 12:35 PM
  • rasmataz

Truck won't shift out of park when started. The brake light circuit has something to do with the shift interlock control system to include the cruise control system. BTW I wasn't aware what you knew, What I gave you is something for me to work with to get to the source of the problem.

Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 1:56 PM
  • bmesman

Ok. You immediately presumed that I didn't have a clue where to begin. A more appropriate response I think would have been "I'm sure you've already checked.", Not telling me to have it "checked out and fix.".
I would certainly like a refund of my donation. After I receive my refund, I will then post a positive feedback. Thanks.

Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 2:42 PM
  • rasmataz

Maybe if we check and test the transmission range switch and figure out why it starts in neutral instead of park position

Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 3:13 PM
  • 2CarPros Mike
  • 711 posts

We have refunded your donation and are sorry we could not help you this time.

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 AT 12:14 PM