2001 Ford F-150 Front End!

LUBYTOONS
  • 2001 FORD F-150

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2001 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

My 2001 F150 4x4 Supercrew has developed a bad shake in the front end. It only happens between 50 & 55 miles an hour and at first it wasn't too bad but has grown worse. I was told that it was the lower ball joints and the upper control arm sterring bushings. I am not a mechanic nor do I play one on t.V. So I am desperate for a clear answer. Thank you for your time!

Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 10:33 AM

RACEFAN966

Ok first I would have the tires balanced and rotated. See what that does and get back to me and we will go from there.

-1
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 11:15 AM
LUBYTOONS

Thanks for your answer. I did have that done initally by a tire company that deals mainly with lifted trucks and/or ones with large tires. They replaced the upper ball joints as well as balancing but were unable to resolve the problem. I finally took it to my mechanic who diagnosed the solution I listed previously.

-1
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 11:28 AM
RACEFAN966

Ok now be upfront with me on this. Is the truck lifted and how much and what size tires? Does the truck have a steering stabelizer or not? I need all the info on the truck so I can better help.

Saturday, February 28th, 2009 AT 8:13 PM