2001 Ford F-150 Differential

TITLOW
  • 2001 FORD F-150
I was being a stupid 20 year old and just got a new exhaust on my truck and had it in neutral and loaded up the RPM and dropped it down into drive to take off and heard a loud pop. The truck no longer goes forward and when it's in reverse I get a gear grinding sound in the rear. Do you think it's serious enough that I'll have to replace the rear diff or just some light mechanic work and do you have any idea how much it would cost if I did have to replace it?
Sunday, February 10th, 2008 AT 11:31 PM

BLACKOP555
That wasnt smart eh? Well first thign to do is see if its the tranny put it in each gear and give it some gas, see if the driveshaft is turning if its not put the truck back in neutral and try turning it by hand, if it moves freely untill the vehicle moves a little then you have a bad tranny, but if the driveshaft moves with the truck in gear, you may have to rebuild the rear-end
Monday, February 11th, 2008 AT 7:18 AM