2001 FORD F150 ALARM SYSTEM MALFUNCTION

• cobyc
  • 2001 Ford F-150

2001 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

Blinking Alarm signal, truck wont start, Steady signal, truck starts. Problem started 3-4 months ago. Used to work sometimes when I pulled key out, flipped it around and retried. I had a diagnostic done with a false positive of a faulty 02 sensor. Didn't work! Replaced Battery today from a 650 amp to 850 amp. Doesn't work. The only luck I have had in the past 3 days is when the truck has sat all night and the battery is dead, I can jump start it in the morning 1x but after it runs and I switch it off, it will not restart.
Called a Mechanic, told me to go to dealership, dealership charges 89.00 just to look and would then give me an estimate. I have read online posts an it seems to be an epidemic. I read that there is a switch I can depress under steering column but through the mass of electrical wires I can't find any such button. I don't know if it was aftermarket, I would say no, but who knows. All I know is that it is driving me insane and I wish I could just yank the alarm system out all together without have to spend the money at the dealership.

Thursday, February 28th, 2008 AT 6:22 PM

• cobyc

Done messing with it, told dealership to casterate alarm system.
Funny, I own a Ford explorer with a bogus alarm system that keeps draining the Battery.
Fords are nice but alarms and automatic doors/windows/locks/ suck.

Friday, February 29th, 2008 AT 4:05 PM