F150 MISSFIRING

2000 Ford F-150

zac21

January, 19, 2008 AT 9:43 AM

Engine problem
2000 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

My truck cuts out after 1000 rpms but if you give it more gas it quits. I have replaced the mass air sencers fuel filter ant droped the tank and it is still doing it. The check engion light is not on and it dosen't show any codes

Engine Miss

flexy5

January, 19, 2008 AT 9:57 AM

When was the last time the plugs and wires were changed?

zac21

I got a tune up about a month ago

flexy5

Here are a couple of things to try. First check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. There sould be a valve on the side that looks like a tire stem valve. Check the pressure with a gauge. The next thing to check is the Trottle Position voltage. If you have access to a scanner that can monitor this, test the voltage with the engine off. The next thing to check is the crank position signal. This can also be checked with a scanner. Check for signal loss with the engine running. Let me know what you find or if you have trouble testing them. I'll do what I can to walk you through it.
Dave