1998 FORD F150 BATTERY DIES

• Dale Franklin
  • 1998 FORD F-150

1998 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

My battery continues to die after replacing it. The alternator charges enough that when I drive, even after jumping starting the truck, the battery becomes fully charged. After a couple of days, the battery is drained dead. Today, when I turned the truck off, I heard a clicking coming from under the middle of the dash. It sounded like relays. The noise came from a box about 3"X2" next to the two testing plugs. I have put in a GEM module the other day, but that was because the wipers stopped working. I had starting problems before that. Until I heard the clicking noise, I thought that I might have a bad diode in the alternator. Thanks for any help.

Monday, January 7th, 2008 AT 8:42 PM

• Bdws6

Hi. It sounds like I, m having the same problem with my f150. I think my ingition switch might be bad. Could you let me know if you find out somthing else. Thanks

Saturday, January 12th, 2008 AT 3:41 AM
  • Dale Franklin

Sure I'll let you know.

Monday, January 14th, 2008 AT 12:21 PM