F150 LEAKING MASTER CYLINDER

1997 Ford F-150

DeWayne

June, 4, 2009 AT 7:44 PM

Brakes problem
1997 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 169000 miles

I replaced the master cylinder but it is leaking from the bottom. Is it possible that it is cracked. Is there a gasket between the power assist and the master cylinder?

June, 4, 2009 AT 8:00 PM

I thought I've answered this already

If its leaking at the end of the MC where it meets up the brake pedal-The primary and secondary piston seals are leaking

There's no gasket there

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_brake_master_cylinder_1.jpg

DeWayne

June, 4, 2009 AT 9:09 PM

The seals are on the reservoir, correct? Do I need to replace the reservoir. Do I have to bleed the brakes if I remove the reservoir?

June, 4, 2009 AT 9:22 PM

Sir the master cylinder is leaking it doesn't matter where its leaking it needs replacing.

DeWayne

June, 5, 2009 AT 10:07 AM

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, I just asked a legitimate questsion. The reservoir is not the master cylinder and I just replaced the master cylinder. So should I replace the master cylinder and the reservoir

June, 5, 2009 AT 3:33 PM

Replaced the master cylinder but it is leaking from the bottom. This one gave me a curveball.

Sir-you might as well replace both-The brake system is the most deadliest system of all -don't gamble replace it.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement