1997 Ford F-150 Body Parts

KITTYB9
  • 1997 FORD F-150
1997 Ford F150 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My husband and I were discussing the condition of his 1997 ford f150 4x4 pick up truck that he uses as a work truck for hauling scrap metal. The box has had its share of mishaps and is begining to show. So he's been scouting out a replacement box but has only been looking at the same make and year as the one he has. But I believe he has more options does he not? After all the saying " made ford tough with chevy parts" had to have come from somewhere? So I guess my question is, Is there really that much of a difference in truck boxes and their frame mountings for the older model trucks that would resrict interchanging, and any suggested models to consider?
Thank you
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 6:14 PM

BLACKOP555
The pre 1997 are different then the 1997 generation.

Look at the body styles they will moutn differently. You shouldnt be taking a chevy box and sticking it on a ford, the lights wont hook up the same.

Also the holes might not line up and the gas tank fill lines may not be proper either.
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 9:54 PM