CAUTION: Do not drop hub components during removal and installation.
1. Separate cap from body assembly by removing the three capscrews, using Torx bit TX25 or equivalent, from the cap.
2. Remove cap.
3. Remove the lockring seated in the groove of the front disc brake hub and rotor (1102).
4. Remove the body assembly from the front disc brake hub and rotor.
Automatic Lock Hub, Exploded View - Typical
5. Remove C-washer or snap ring from stub shaft groove.
6. Remove spacers (three thrust washers) from shaft.
7. Remove cam assembly. Pull to remove.
8. If front disc brake hub and rotor and front wheel spindle (3105) are to be removed, refer to Wheel Grease Seal and Bearing, Front Replacement and Repacking.
1. Align the fixed cam retaining key on the cam assembly (garter spring inboard) with the keyway on the spindle. Firmly press the cam assembly on the wheel retainer nut.
2. Install 3 ring washer set. (1st Metal, 2nd Plastic, 3rd Splined) and retainer lockring on C-clip. It may be necessary to push the axle outboard from backside of knuckle. Be sure retaining ring is seated in groove properly.
3. CAUTION: Rotate moving cam stop (use any one of three) to the one o'clock position in relationship to the fixed cam retaining key.
CAUTION: Do not force body assembly into front disc brake hub on rotor if body assembly will not fit. Recheck alignment of all components.
NOTE: The hubs should not be packed with grease. Too much grease will damage the hubs.
Install body assembly into vehicle front disc brake hub and rotor by lining up the three legs outside the hublock body with the three pockets in the cam assembly.
4. Make sure body assembly is in far enough to see groove in rotor tube. Install large lockring into groove of hub. Be sure lockring is correctly seated.
5. Install cap to body assembly. Install three capscrews and tighten to 4-6 Nm (35-53 lb- in).
See attachments below for diagrams
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, March 18th, 2019 AT 6:24 PM