1994 Ford F-150 Clutch problem

GLENN CHAFFEE
  • 1994 FORD F-150
Just installed a brand new clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing never seperated the slave and master cly. I had less then half a pedal opened the bleeder to bleed it it got worse now I have no pedal. Nothing is leaking is their a special bleeding process?
Sunday, September 19th, 2010 AT 2:05 PM

See my profile, I will give you a typical Bleeding Process. The way I do it----Brakes or Clutch

GIVE ME A FEW MINUTES---Then Refresh--I hunt and peck this may be done in about 20 min.S---I am editting this now!

The Medic

AIRBORNE RANGER BLEEDING PROCESS---2 PERSONEL REQUIRED!

Clutch is basically the same!

Correct Replacement Fluid

"Joe" is the PEDAL MAN----"Ron" is the Mechanical Guy and Refiller GuyIN CHARGE TOO!

On brakes, we will start with the furtherest Wheel cylinder out from the Master cylinder, and then the next, and the next, to the closest!

NORMALLY on Left hand drive its: RR--LR--RF--LF

We get Ron, Ready to start.

Ron breaks the bleeder loose then, tightens it snug. Joe is not on the pedal. This just makes hard stuff EZer to move!

Ron--"JOE, PUMP IT UP--HOLD WHEN YOU GET---SOME PEDAL"!

Joe--Pumps 6-7 times "ITS NOT GREAT!---I AM HOLDING NOW"

Ron--Breaks the bleeder slightly, juice starts coming out---He Closes bleeder before the squirting stops

Joe--Yells "Floor", really just before THE PEDAL is actually there, this alerts RON to shut the bleeder, while there is pedal pressure---When there is NO PEDAL PRESSURE
AIR CAN BE SUCKED BACK IN!----Just went "BACKWARDS" ON THIS PROCESS!

Ron----"OK" (bleeder is shut)

Joe---"PUMPING!" (6-7 full pedal pumps)

Joe--"HOLDING" (no releasing!)

Joe--"FLOOR" (Joe feels the pedal dropping, just before it bottoms out, as Ron opens the bleeder)

Ron--"OK!" (Ron has just shut the bleeder, then yells this)

Maybe 5 "BLEEDS"CHECK FLUID!

NEVER LET IT RUN BELOW HALF FULL!----After 5
BLEEDS----check it

You may have to bleed 10 times (whatever it takes!)

This is REPEATED, TILL THE AIR IS OUT of that one line! (Then move to the next. Break it loose, then begin again!)

Air Will Spit and spurt---make sure you give it enough time to get there!Normally air will stop and you will get a nice "Perty" stream of fluid.

Now we get a RYTHM Started!

Pumping---"I'm Getting better Pedal!" (Will probably improve as the other wheel cylinders are BLED!)

Holding

Floor

OK

Its that EZ--If you can get "JOE" to learn and do the sequence---And everybody communicates well!

The clutch is similar. You will not get a full pedal. You will be on the floor when holding. Close the bleeder while fluid is still under pressure from the SLAVE CYLINDER, while it is is collapsing back down!

Can you Do that?

I can also take you thru "Bench Bleeding" the Master Cylinder (While its installed on your rig!) I can also try to make you some pics of that process----If you ask me to!

I'm here till you get it fixed!

Reply

The Medic

If your BRAKE PEDAL is still not up to par---check your brake shoe self adjusters, shoes may need to pushed outward with a "Brake-Spoon"
Sunday, September 19th, 2010 AT 3:28 PM