F150 IGNITION COIL, DISTRIBUTOR?

1989 Ford F-150

chris_n_jess28

February, 19, 2009 AT 4:52 PM

1989 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 43,000 miles

I have replaced the ignition coil and the distributor cap and button. I have no spark whatsoever now. What is wrong with my truck!

February, 19, 2009 AT 5:01 PM

Sounds like No spark

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

chris_n_jess28

February, 19, 2009 AT 7:58 PM

Ok I know there is power going to the ignition coil and the distributor, those have been tested with a test lamp. Where are these other sensors located that you are refering to?

February, 19, 2009 AT 8:46 PM

Disregard the sensors-test the distributor pick-up coil and the ignition control module.

chris_n_jess28

February, 20, 2009 AT 10:46 AM

Ok what do I look for now if im disregarding the tests?

TexasTurkey

February, 20, 2009 AT 11:13 AM

Does the test lamp flash on the out put of the coil when you crank it over? Look at the distributor and see if there is a module mounted on it. That is the TFI module. It has the plug and 2 bolts(tiny) and after you undue them it pulls down. You can take that to an Auto store and they can test it but I have had a similiar problem and that was the problem. It should run you about $ 30 for the part.

chris_n_jess28

February, 20, 2009 AT 9:14 PM

I have removed the TFI module and taken it to a parts store and it did test bad. I just want to thank you for your help. Now as soon as I can come up with the 37 bucks to purchase a new one I will have it back on the road. I have also discovered while searching other parts of the world wide web that there is also a law suit on Ford about the location of this particular TFI module and on many, many other models. Any ideas on how to relocate the TFI module?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500