1986 Ford F-150 Power supply from battery/starter solonoid

BLACKHAT89
  • 1986 FORD F-150
Greetings, I bought a 1986 f150 stepside 302, AOD trans. The wireing from the battery through the starter solonoid was disconected. Cant figure out how to get power to the ignition, accessories ect. Could you tell me what wires go to the battery side of the solonoid. It is the factory wireing harness but one wire had been cut at one time with an aftermarket conector but sliced to it, a black wire.. Thank you.
Monday, May 24th, 2010 AT 6:26 AM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

And thank you for the donation.

How many wires are on the relay solenoid?

There should be on the side going to the Battery a Green Fusable Link Wire which should turn to a yellow wire which is the Ignition Wire.

On the other side going to the Starter there should be a Blue Fusable Link Wire which turns to a Pink Wire with Black Stripe.

If this doesn't appear right, if you can take a pic and post it.

.
Monday, May 24th, 2010 AT 9:07 PM
BLACKHAT89
Hello, thank you for the reply and you are welcome for the donation. Ok, I have four wires that I would like to point out to you. From the alternator harness one black/orange stripe #10 or 12 gauge with orange fuse link. From main harness, black/green stripe #16 with a plug in line. From harness, yellow #16 to black fuse link to black. From harness, yellow #16 to black fuse link to red or pink hard to tell with age of truck. From what you said in your message, it looks like the yellow to red is my battery side of the relay power wire. Do any of the other three also hook to the battery side?I also should mention the truck was built in Canada if that makes any difference in the wireing. Thanks a bunch.
Thursday, May 27th, 2010 AT 8:11 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC
Sorry for the delay.

I don't have access to my today, I will take a look at the wiring diagrams and let you know. I don't think it being biult in Canada makes a difference.

Also are you able to take a pic and post it?

.
Saturday, May 29th, 2010 AT 4:53 PM