1986 Ford F-150 no air movement thru defroster vents

NAILED
  • 1986 FORD F-150
Heater problem
1986 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual

Need to pass inspection today I did not pass last week because there is no air flow thur defroster dash vents. The heater/ac works fine good air flow thru vents faceing passengers, and floor vents. But there is no flow what-so -ever.I need you guys age old wisdom. PS. Guys I don't have any cash till next week but I will be so happy to send a few bucks cuz you guys have saved my broke ass. Unemployment starts next tuesday. Thanks, Nailed
Thursday, August 19th, 2010 AT 2:51 PM

WRENCHTECH
The air door that directs air that way is operated by vacuum but the default in the absence of vacuum, the default position is defrost so the door must be stuck. You might be able to free it up by hand.
I don't have pictures of it but you should be able find it under the dash. It will have 2 vacuum hoses to it. One is black and yellow and the other is black and red
Thursday, August 19th, 2010 AT 3:44 PM