F150 STARTER RELAY WIRING

1977 Ford F-150

sciguy

February, 28, 2009 AT 3:20 PM

1977 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 359000 miles

I need a diagram or help on how to install a starter relay. I have one and I need to know what wires go to what

February, 28, 2009 AT 3:38 PM

The starter relay does it have two small terminals label S and I or just an S terminal?

sciguy

March, 1, 2009 AT 12:42 AM

There are 7 wires and 4 terminals. 1 terminal labeled S and 1 labeled I. There are only 2 cords that would fit on those two. One of the cords is black and one is red.() Now the other 5 wire are as follows: one from the starter to the solenoid; one from the solenoid to the positive battery post; these two are thick cables. The other three are small wires: two say " Fusible Link" and the last one is blank. I hope thats enough information. I need to know where all of them go if you can.

March, 1, 2009 AT 1:41 PM

Do not connect the black and red wire -Hold ignition switch to start position the wire that has the power goes to the S terminal and the other for the ignition bypass circuit to apply full battery voltage to the coil.

The other three are small wires: two say " Fusible Link" and the last one is blank-This one here all goes to the battery side of the relay

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement