HEATER CLICKING SOUNDS IN DASH

Ford Explorer

TIMBOWEE

April, 6, 2007 AT 7:16 PM

2002 FORD EXPLORER 4.0 LTR 4X4, 86,000 MILES
THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS SOUNDS LIKE A DOOR IS TRYING TO SHUT IN THE DASH WHEN THE HEATER IS ON. I HAVE TO TURN THE BLOWER KNOB TO LOW AND THEN SET THE TEMPATURE KNOB WHERE I WANT IT AND THEN ONE SPEED AT A TIME, TURN THE BLOWER ON HIGH. NOW THERE IS NO HEAT COMING OUT AT ALL BUT I CAN HERE A CLICKING NOISE IN THE DASH, BUT GOES AWAY WHEN I TURN THE AC ON. WHAT MIGHT THIS BE? THANKS

TaurusWheel

April, 8, 2007 AT 2:02 PM

Try to get under the dash and check the blend door operation, maybe something is unhooked or electrical issue could have the door trying to open and close

ChillyinMI

April, 20, 2007 AT 10:17 AM

That happened to me this morning on my 2003 explorer. Did you get it fixed? What was wrong?

Thanks! Cheryl

Tex

April, 22, 2007 AT 5:48 PM

Sounds like the blend door actuator. The part runs around $50 but is quite involved to replace especially on a Lincoln Towncar. Don't know about the Ford Explorer. You have to pull the dash on the Towncar. The part is somewhere behind the glove box area.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue