DOME LIGHT ON

Ford Explorer

amaryl

November, 1, 2007 AT 5:53 PM

The dome light on my ford explorer 1996 is always on. I have to disconect the battery or it will lose the charge. I already try the dimmer switch. Does anyone know of a cause for the problem?

August, 19, 2007 AT 4:18 AM

My way I check the coil first, cuz you don't have it there it will never make to the plugs. Have someone be cranking it over while you look for spark-No spark-if it has a crankshaft positon sensor go attack it, if not check the distributor pick/up, then the ICM and Coil.

BMasterJerry

August, 19, 2007 AT 10:36 PM

You want to create a " gap" (not over 1/2" ) between the disconnected plug/coil wire and ground (usually a metal engine part) and watch for spark to jump the gap during engine cranking.

dennyp

November, 15, 2007 AT 6:16 PM

Possibly a defective door latch assembly. The dome light switch is part of this latch.

t-man

February, 17, 2008 AT 10:08 AM

Open door, look for push button switch. Use deep well socket to remove. Unplug it(dont let wire go back into hole!). If light is still on, plug back in and replace. Shut door and go to next door and repeat. One of those switches is bad.20 minutes work, new swiych is about 12 bucks.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic