Alarm goes off - reset?

KWS0322
  • 2006 FORD EXPLORER
Door locks, interior lights and the alarm goes off while the vechicle is parked.
Sunday, September 27th, 2009 AT 11:55 AM

MERLIN2021
Try this cure, buy a can of brake kleen and a can of spray white lithium grease, spray the latch area, thats the claw in the door where it closes, spray liberally with brakleen, open and close the door 5-6 times, repeat, then spray with the white lube, open and close the door 5-6 times. Reapeat on all doors...The switch that controls these items is in the latch area and gets dirty...causing it to stick.

This guide can help reset the alarm

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

Please run down this guide and report back.
+1
Thursday, January 17th, 2019 AT 6:17 PM
JAROSLAW1980
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
Recently I bought 2004 Ford Explorer XLT .
Car is equiped with anti theft system which disbles the power and car won't start until I push button on small like remote with "Stealth" name on which was attached to the ignition key.

Could you give me advise how to disable this "Stealth"
system or who is making this system to get second remote .
I could not find it on Web

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/346012_Stealth_1.jpg

Thank You

Jerry
Friday, June 12th, 2020 AT 12:44 PM (Merged)
JASONRAY
I'm not familiar with it by name but I take a lot of aftermarket security systems off vehicles. They're usually a pretty simple system. Most just interrupt the starter. If so, it's just a matter of removing the 'box' and reconnecting the starter wire from the ignition switch. As far as getting another remote, I'm clueless. You might check with some aftermarket dealers and see if there's a 'universal' remote that can be programmed.

On my factory alarm I held the negative cable to the positive battery terminal for one minute worked great!
-1
CHUCKSTEWART
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
2004 Ford Explorer

is it possible to delete or completely disarm the security system on my 2004 explorer?
WRENCHTECH
No, it is not possible. It wouldn't be much of a theft deterrent if it could be simply disabled. If the PCM does not receive the correct password from the system, it will not turn the fuel on.
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
After changing the battery, how can you reset the security system without a key transponder so the car will start
ASEMASTER6371
Try rermoving a battery cable, turn the ignition to the on position, and then install the cable.

+1
THEMINDZI4220
  • 2002 FORD EXPLORER
Hello I have a 2002 explorer xlt 4.0 and was parked other day, went to get in and start but car would not turn over or anything, had full power to everything. Anti theft is flashing rapidly, we did troubleshoot process to get to the pats system and know thats the problem. We do not have a remote and were ripped by dealer that sold car to us. The key we have wont even turn backwards. And antitheft has already been bypassed before looks like due to a wire acting as a jumper or something, wrapping around open wires and taped, was on power windows wire in pats harness. I dont know but seems like they who sold to us had problem with system and used a metal wire to act as jumper or bypass to make key they had work. And never gave us a remote. So I need help please I am a disabled veteran with low funds and have been ripped off enough.
MHPAUTOS
This does sound a mess, I really think that this will have to be looked at first hand, rind about for a few estimates or ask if anyone will look at it and then quote first.
+3
DKJRZ
  • 2001 FORD EXPLORER
We had a rebuilt engine put in our 2001 explorer by a auto repair shop. We have had nothing but problems with the car ever since. This company took us for a ride. Not only did they change the price they quoted, they charged us for for a new radiator and power steering pump claiming they were bad when there was nothing wrong with them prior to their working on the car. This is only a small portion of the problems that we are having. The question I have is a couple of times just after we got the car back from the shop it would not start, it was completely dead. After turning the key several times it would finally start. This went on for a couple of weeks. Finally it would not start and we had to have the car towed. I tried to figure out what the problem was and could not. I had someone else look at it and it was found that a ground wire that had not been tightened when the engine was replaced. The car starts fine now but we are having problems with the electrical system. The mirrors don't work, the radio changes stations on its own, the gauges fluctuate at times, the alarm goes off sometimes when you open the door even though it's not set and a number of other items. The car was in perfect shape prior to the repair. Could a power surge due to the ground wire not being tight be the cause of these problems?
It sounds like a bad body control module (BCM). However, body ground straps could cause the problem too. I would check to see if there are any ground straps that are broken or disconnected. If not, have a mechanic (a good one) check the BCM for you.
DKJRZ
Thank you for your answer. However I'm trying to figure out if the fact that the ground was not tightened, could this be a contributing factor for the problems we are having with the electrical system? Everything was working fine until the work was done
Chances are that it didn't have anything to do with the problems. However, electricity is funny. It will find the easiest way out. In other words, if it is looking for a ground, it will seek one out regardless of where it should go. Basically, I'm trying to say that it could have back fed through other components. Thus, it may have caused new problems.

Sponsored links