HEATING PROBLEM

2004 Ford Explorer

jap7100

November, 26, 2009 AT 7:48 PM

Heater problem
2004 Ford Explorer 6 cyl 106800 miles

I have a 2004 explorer. My heater is having issues. My blower works. I am not 100% sure if my cooling works, cause it is cold out and blowing cold. No heat will come out. I hear a ticking noise under glove box, and under dash driver side. Maybe a damper? Do you know what this could be or what to check?

02 Lx

RickMar

November, 27, 2009 AT 2:25 PM

You have a "Blend Door Actuator" issue.
The door is not changing direction internally to let the heated air from your heater core enter the duct work.
This unfortunately is a common thing with Explorers and Mountaineers. The cost for repair is $1000.00+
A very large portion of the repair is for the labor involved. The whole dash needs to be removed. If you want to do the repair yourself there is a quick fix that will save you BIG $$.
Here is the link for you to view and see if you want to give it a try. The quick fix was done on a "1996" Explorer but they are all the same. The infamous "Blend Door Actuator" has been a headache for Explorer and Mountaineer owners for 10+ years. Some idiot design engineers decided to use "plastic" on a section of the blend door that becomes brittle when subjected to "heat"!

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement