FUEL PUMP FUSE UNDER DASH

2004 Ford Explorer

trishphillips

March, 14, 2010 AT 2:06 PM

2004 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 72000 miles

my truck quit running the other day. I went to start it and it died. Will crank but wont start. Then we noticed the fuel pump fuse in the engine compartment keeps blowing. We have checked the fuel pump and it is fine. For some reason when we plug in the cutt off swith it blows the fuse under hood. What is going on and how do we fix this. My truck is all torn apart and no one can find a solution?

Fuel Pump Fuse

1 IMAGE

Fuel Pump Fuse

Jacobandnickolas

March, 15, 2010 AT 10:45 AM

Either you have a short between the fuel pump relay, a bad pump (drawing too many amps) or the cut off switch is shorted.

How did you check the pump?

trishphillips

March, 17, 2010 AT 9:05 AM

They have checked the wiring and found a short under the rear corner pannel and clipper the wire for the hot feed and we have no Idea what that went to but what ever it was seems to have fixed the problem. Now I just have a hot wire that has been capped off and taped up so it doesn't make ground contact. Now what any sugestions.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 17, 2010 AT 9:40 AM

Is the engine running now?

markost

October, 11, 2012 AT 11:49 PM

I got a 2003 Ford Explorer. The wire on the fuel pump side of the inertia switch burned up. I replaced the switch. Any idea why?

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe