2002 FORD EXPLORER COMPUTER PROBLEM

• cyndilynn1
  • 2002 Ford Explorer

Computer problem
2002 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

My explorer just started doing weird things on the last two times I drove it. The transmission idle got faster upon starting it and wasnt shifting correctly (automatic transmission) I thought it was the transmission but on the next trip the dash started doing funny things. The OD light strobes and it wont go into overdrive. The temperature gage stopped working, the cruise control stopped working. The gas gage was on 1/4 and the check gage light came on and off all the way home. The outside temperature gage came on and off. I had to manually shift it. Is it the computer or the transmission or both and how much will that cost to repair or should I just get another vehicle?

Sunday, February 22nd, 2009 AT 8:45 AM

• merlin2021

The suv needs to have the codes scanned, Autozone does it free, if you can get there. Post the results, but it could be a bad instrument cluster(HEC).

Sunday, February 22nd, 2009 AT 9:01 AM