CRANK POSITIONING SENSOR

2000 Ford Explorer

chief714

June, 17, 2008 AT 6:38 PM

2000 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I'm looking to replace the crank positioning sensor as well as the Idle Air Control Valve on our Ford Explorer. For the most part, the Idle control looks fairly simple to replace. Is there anything technical I should know about replacing this other than plug and go?

Also. Where exactly is the Crank Sensor located. I haven't even looked for this, but I was told that this is one of the reasons for our idling issues.

Emelius

June, 17, 2008 AT 6:51 PM

I would buy a repair manual at a local auto parts store, they cost about $20 and is very very useful to have with your car, it'll tell you where everything is.

BMRFIXIT

June, 17, 2008 AT 7:32 PM

Crankshaft sensor is centered in lower front of engine compartment you may have to loosen Ac comp so you can pull it out

chief714

June, 18, 2008 AT 3:29 PM

Ok. So, I'm picking up those parts above today.
Anybody else got any other suggestions of what could possibly be wrong with the truck? I'm hoping this does the trick. I don't want wifey stranded on random days any more.
Please advise.
Over and out. And. Under and in? Lol

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet