1997 Ford Explorer binding and cluncking in front drive loc

MYQUADZILLALT500RK
  • 1997 FORD EXPLORER
  • AWD
I got a 97 ford explorer awd 5.0 fulltime transfercase. the problem is when driving strieght it's seems to be ok but when turning on flat or up drive it has a clunck and seems to bind up. i was told transfer case so i replaced that. nope still there. the front shaft had very little play in the cv flange bearing so i replaced that. nope still there. so i got it up on four stands and did this. as i had a driver hold breaks and put in drive with wheels stright let off the break give little gas hold breaks and give gas nothing. now when i had him to it with wheels turn holding the break give gas it would clunck bind and rumble in the front drive shaft from transfer case to differential. i am wondering if it's the front differential making the noses. the cv shafts seem to be tight no movement in any ways. i removed the front shaft and when i grab the output of the transfer case it seems tight as of bearing play but if i turn it i get little turn and only here chain move. maybe a 1/4 in move for chain play. for the differential there no movement up and down as of bearing play but if i turn the yok i got like 1 inch turn as of play in those gears. help me please . u ever heard this before. would a wheel bearing do this.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/449862_120509_1302_1.jpg

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 6:11 PM

Have you ever serviced the auto locking hubs?
-1
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 AT 9:07 AM