1995 FORD EXPLORER TRUCK FEEL LIKE IT IS GOING TO STALL WHE

• ahljr
  • 1995 Ford Explorer

1995 Ford Explorer V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic

I just replaced the fuel pump on my Explorer. Now the gas pedal seems stiff when I first press it, like it is stuck. My other problem is that when I slow down to make a turn it feels like it is going to stall.

Monday, August 23rd, 2010 AT 12:18 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

The pump isn't related to the gas pedal. As far as the engine idle when turning, has the check engine light come on? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Have you double checked the fuel pressure incase the regulator is bad?

Monday, August 23rd, 2010 AT 10:51 PM
  • ahljr

Thank you for your response.
The check engine light was on before the fuel pump was replaced. The code was EGR related. I did not notice any vacuum leaks but will check again. No I have not checked the fuel pressure. Do you know what the reading should be?

Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 7:19 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I believe it should be between 35 and 45 psi. Since the check engine light came on, have you had the computer scanned?

Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 7:58 PM
  • ahljr

I had the fuel pressure check and had it scanned too. The fuel pressure was ok and the only thing the scan showed was a bad O2 sensor. I already knew that though, the check engine light has been on for a while but I have not had this issue.

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 8:06 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Was anything done with the EGR? Also, are you aware the O2 sensor could be causing the engine to run this way?

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 2:05 PM
  • ahljr

My mistake the code was for the O2 sensor. I am going to replace it and see if that helps.

Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 AT 4:48 PM