REAR AIR SUSPENSION COMPRESSOR

Ford Expedition

landolfi

February, 12, 2006 AT 8:30 PM

I have a 1997 Ford Expedition with the rear to the ground. I have replaced the air compressor 2 times now and have left it in the off position about 2 months ago. I live in New England and its very cold. I just recently turned the switch on for a better ride, but the back end has dropped and the compressor has not come on. I have tried jacking up the body in the rear, banging on the unit.(Ford tried this once and it worked), I have tried to reset the switch by factory instructions. At this point, I do need this fixed, but also am wondering if I can inject air into the lines or the suspension system somewhere. At least for a temp fix. Then I would shut off the switch again if I could get air back in there. Please help!

Diagham

Ray75

April, 23, 2006 AT 7:21 PM

I am having the same problem with my 2001 Expo. I have been able to get it aired back up by hooking the battery directly to the air compressor. This will work even with the switch off. Let me know if you have fixed yours yet.
Thanks, Ray

Replace Tie Rod End
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Upper Control Arm Replacement