1997 Ford Expedition Blower Motor Issue?

BRICE04
  • 1997 FORD EXPEDITION
I have a 97 Ford Expedition & am having problems with my front fan. It will blow NO air (hot or cold). However, the rear fan blows fine. I remember the day that it went out, it made a loud pang sound & I started to smell light smoke (though I didn't see any). Afterward, I turned off the fan & turned it back on and it blew very lightly before it stopped blowing at all. Now, when I turn it on on ANY setting, it blows nothing. Perhaps this is the blower motor or some sort of fuse or fan belt? Please help!
Sunday, June 7th, 2009 AT 5:26 PM

Chances are the blower motor is bad. It is located under the dash on the passanger side of the vehicle. What you need to do is gain access to it and check to see if there is power to it when you turn it on. If there is power, the motor is bad.

Also, check the owner's manual to see if you can identify which fuse is for the blower motor. Check to see if it is blown.

Let me know what you find.

Friday, June 19th, 2009 AT 5:56 PM