BRAKE LIGHTS

Ford Escort

Susie Kremitzki

June, 18, 2006 AT 10:13 AM

I have a 1997 Ford Escort. My estimated mileage is over 100,000 miles. (The odometer stopped working 3 yrs ago at 87,000 - another question to be asked later)

My brake lights are staying on (except for the third light). I put my foot under the brake pedal to make them go off. Sometimes this takes several tries. What can be the cause? Is this something that I could fix myself and what would be an estimated cost?

Thank you for your assistance,
Susie Kremitzki

GoodIntentions

June, 19, 2006 AT 8:32 AM

There's a posting further down where someone had the same type of problem and found out it was a ground wire that had become disconnected. He didn't mention how much it cost, but I would think it would relatively cheap and easy to have done (probably while you wait). I would go to one of the's Mom & Pop type garages and see what they would charge to check and fix it. Or ask the mechanic to check it next time you have your oil changed (it's on the lift anyways.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz