6. Remove heater dash panel seal from around heater core tubes. Remove screws from beneath dash panel seal and remove heater core cover. Remove heater core.
To install, reverse removal procedure.
Removal & Installation
1. Disable air bag system. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove floor console. Remove center finish panel screw from instrument panel. Pull center instrument panel finish panel straight out from instrument panel reinforcement.
2. If equipped, disconnect power socket electrical connector and remove center instrument panel finish panel. Remove push-pins and both control box side covers. Detach antenna cable from instrument panel reinforcement, then disconnect antenna cable at junction.
3. If equipped, remove transmission control selector bezel. Rotate bezel 90 degrees. Remove bolt from PCM electrical connector. Remove 2 rear side Powertrain Control Module (PCM) bracket nuts. Remove PCM bracket bolts and remove PCM and bracket as an assembly.
4. Move temperature control knob to full cool position. Disconnect heater temperature cable from back of control knob. Remove steering wheel. Position hood latch control handle and cable out of way. Remove lower steering column cover screw.
5. On ZX2 (2-door Coupe), disconnect light switch rheostat electrical connector and remove instrument panel steering column cover. On all models, remove upper and lower steering column covers. Remove steering column bracket bolts and lower steering column.
6. Remove both front door sill scuff plates. Remove push-pins from kick panels and remove panels. Disconnect fuse panel electrical connector. Disconnect in-line connector at left side of lower instrument panel reinforcement.
7. Remove passenger's side air bag module. See AIR BAG SYSTEM SAFETY article in GENERAL SERVICING. Disconnect in-line connector at right side of lower instrument panel reinforcement.
8. Disconnect blower motor electrical connector. Unclip both end panels. Remove left and right side instrument panel reinforcement bolts. Remove cover plate and upper instrument panel reinforcement bolt.
9. Pull instrument panel slightly away from cowl and disconnect main electrical connectors at left side of panel. Remove instrument panel. To install, reverse removal procedure.