BATTERY PROBLEMS

2000 Ford Escort

deeprivergal

July, 17, 2006 AT 3:27 PM

Ok so I had some issues with my escort's battery. I took it to Advance Auto Parts and had them replace the battery. It went smoothly, but now my radio doesn't work which is strange. It worked on the way to the store, but on my way back it didn't

The strange this is, everything else on the car works. The clock works, the a/c, windshield wipers, lights, even the tape deck on the radio console works, just not the radio itself. I can't even get it to turn on, but when I put a tape in it plays it just fine.

Any ideas on this one pros?

Mikeybdman

July, 17, 2006 AT 3:49 PM

You have a theft lock code that needs to be entered to reactivate the radio? If you bought the car new, it should be with your paper work. If you bought it second hand, then look for a sticker behind or under the ash tray, in the console, or under in the glove box. Maybe whoever bought the car wrote it in the owners manual.
If all else fails, contact the dealer and try to sweet talk them for the code.

deeprivergal

July, 17, 2006 AT 3:58 PM

I just called Ford and they said that there wasn't an unlock code for the radio. They also said that it had to be an internal problem because the tape player works and the tape player is built into the radio. I don't want to put anymore money into this stupid car so if anyone has any other solutions for me, I am open to all suggestions.

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Alternator testing done right