1998 FORD ESCORT STRANGE WHISTLING NOISE

• Mdpats
  • 1998 Ford Escort

Noises problem
1998 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 149500 miles

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 - Been noticing a whistling noise which is coming from the engine bay. When I first start the car and drive it around a bit while it's still cold I'll start to hear the noise. The noise doesn't increase with engine speed, and doesn't go away when the clutch is either engaged/disengaged or the transmission in neutral. It's a very consistent noise. When I turn the vehicle off, I can clearly hear the noise getting louder, but then fading away shortly after. Note: This is only happening while the vehicle is first driven. After a while when the car is warmed up and been driving a bit, I'll never hear the noise again until the car cools down. Any suggestions?

Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 12:59 PM

• merlin2021

Check to make sure the correct PCV is installed, there are two different ones and both fit in it. Only one runs quiet in theis engine!

Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 9:59 AM