1998 Ford Escort Strange whistling noise

MDPATS
  • 1998 FORD ESCORT

Noises problem
1998 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 149500 miles

1998 Ford Escort ZX2 - Been noticing a whistling noise which is coming from the engine bay. When I first start the car and drive it around a bit while it's still cold I'll start to hear the noise. The noise doesn't increase with engine speed, and doesn't go away when the clutch is either engaged/disengaged or the transmission in neutral. It's a very consistent noise. When I turn the vehicle off, I can clearly hear the noise getting louder, but then fading away shortly after. Note: This is only happening while the vehicle is first driven. After a while when the car is warmed up and been driving a bit, I'll never hear the noise again until the car cools down. Any suggestions?

Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 12:59 PM

MERLIN2021

Check to make sure the correct PCV is installed, there are two different ones and both fit in it. Only one runs quiet in theis engine!

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 9:59 AM