CLUTCH

1995 Ford Escort

Laztron

May, 23, 2007 AT 11:36 AM

I have a 1995 Ford Escort w manual transmission. I just replaced the master and slave clutch cylinders. After a few days of driving, the clutch slips out of 1st gear with a thud. If I hold the shift in gear, it engages with no problem. All other gears are fine. Is there something to look at or adjust with the cylinders? Thanks

Clutch Problems

Clutch Help!

CraigFL

May, 23, 2007 AT 1:40 PM

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the transmission slips out of first gear? If this is the case, you may need to adjust the linkage/cable to the transmission from the shifter to assure the transmission is all the way into that gear.

Laztron

June, 4, 2007 AT 3:00 PM

I sometimes have to pump the clutch a few times for it to stay in 1st gear. If not, then it " pushes" the stick out of first and grinds. No problems with starting in 2nd gear and also no problems when downshifting to first. Can this just need to be bled?

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement