Wiper motor will not work

WALSHJOHN
  • 2003 FORD CROWN VICTORIA

V8 two wheel drive automatic

The wiper motor will only work on high and will not send water to clean. Now it will go on and off and will stop in the up position. Now it will not work at all.

Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 AT 2:59 PM

Have you checked to see if the motor is getting power as well as the washer pump?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
-1
Friday, September 3rd, 2010 AT 7:33 AM
WALSHJOHN

I did not, but not sure how to check or what pins to check for power water ETC. It looks like the relay fuse by the engine is okay and the fuse in the car looks okay. I assume that if the washer motor is bad the wipers will still work? I did replace the wiper motor and there was small amount of water in the wire clip to the motor I cleaned it put it back and still will not work.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 AT 10:48 AM

The washer motor has seperate wires going to it. Check them for power. One is a ground and the other is power.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 AT 12:03 PM
WALSHJOHN

Sorry, I was out sick, but I did try to test the wiper motor but my tester it too big. I did go and get another wiper motor and switch started with the motor and no luck then with the new motor in I replaced the switch and no luck and then put them back the way it was but now try to find the problem, I hear a click when I put the switch on low or high or push to have water I hear one click per push. I think it is coming from the wiper motor.

Wednesday, September 8th, 2010 AT 2:47 PM

Have you made sure the motor has a good ground?

Thursday, September 9th, 2010 AT 7:31 AM
WALSHJOHN

I assume. I put the reman motor back in the same way I think. How could I check to make sure and would this problem let me still a clicking when I turn on the motor (one click per setting) and with the motor not in right would this stop the water from coming out or could the washer motor be bad too?

Thursday, September 9th, 2010 AT 1:29 PM

The washer motor is a seperate item. It is located at the bottom of the washer fluid bottle.

Friday, September 10th, 2010 AT 7:26 AM
WALSHJOHN

Thank you for that but I do know that, what about the wiper motor (clicks when you push the wipers water or on low ECT) and how is the ground put to the motor IE: by the wires only or by the mount for the motor. Will the washer motor still work if the wiper motor is bad or what if the washer motor is bad will the wiper motor not work? All I know is I put a new reman wiper motor in and when I turn on the wiper to high or low I hear one click but the wipers will not work.

Friday, September 10th, 2010 AT 1:37 PM

As far as the wiper motor and washer motor, one will not stop the other. The ground is made through the mount to the body. If you only hear one click and the motor doesn't work, check to make sure there is power to the motor. If there is, try running a ground wire from the motor to the a good ground on the body or directly to the battery.

Saturday, September 11th, 2010 AT 12:11 AM