2002 FORD CROWN VICTORIA SQUEAKS/CHIRPS FROM FRONT END

• the253
  • 2002 Ford Crown Victoria

Noises problem
2002 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 69200 miles

I have a 2002 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. A couple months ago, I noticed intermittent squeaks or chirps coming from the driver side front wheel, I believe. It started only when going over uneven road surfaces or small pot holes, but now it is pretty consistant on any surface. I also notice it when I get out of the vehicle and close the door. I'm not sure if it is the suspension or what the issue is. Also, about a week ago I had my oil changed and now all of a sudden I am hearing a clicking or ticking coming from the passenger side rear wheel. It almost sounds as if there is a stone caught in the tread. I inspected the tires and there isn't anything apparent, the tires were not rotated, so I don't believe that the lug nuts are loose. It's driving me crazy and I'm becoming concerned about the noises. Can you please help?

Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 AT 11:28 PM

• BMRFIXIT

Check outer tie rod and ball joints for the front noise
remove rear tire and check brakes

Thursday, August 13th, 2009 AT 5:58 AM