INTAKE MANIFOLD

2001 Ford Crown Victoria

TXGUY

November, 15, 2008 AT 6:08 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2001 Crown Vic I bought from a police officer, it is unknown to him if the engine has ever been replaced. My department has 3 other 2001 Crown Vics and all of them have metal intake manifolds. However, my vehicle has a plastic intake on it. My question is. Can I replace the plastic intake manifold with a metal one, and if so whats the different year models that would swap out? Thank you

jnovack

November, 15, 2008 AT 6:26 PM

I need to know what motor is in it if it is a 4.6 then found that the 4.6 used only the plastic for better fuel econemy

TXGUY

November, 16, 2008 AT 2:00 AM

Yes it does have the 4.6 liter. Im just not sure if the motor that is in it is a 2001 or not. As I said I have seen several that are the same year as mine and some of them have plasit and some of them have metal.

jnovack

November, 16, 2008 AT 7:24 PM

Ok well I found only one after market manifold and summit racing offers it and it is used on the sohc engine
Brand: Edelbrock
Product Line: Edelbrock Victor Jr. Intake Manifolds
Part Type: Intake Manifolds, Carbureted
Part Number: EDL-2838
Engine Block Style: Stock/OEM standard deck
Carburetor Quantity: Single
Intake Style: Single plane
Basic Operating RPM Range: 2,900-7,500
Intake Manifold Height: 5.590 in.
Intake Finish: Natural
Intake Material: Aluminum
EGR: No
Quantity: Sold individually.
Notes: Does not includes electronics.

Intake Manifold; Victor Jr. Ford 4.6L SOHC; Intake Manifold; 2900-7500rpm; For Carburetor; 99-04 Ford 4.6L SOH

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Air Filter Replacement Ford F-250